Changing Seasons may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 2020 and shall be interpreted in all respects in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
- proof of identity, such as your drivers licence or passport number; or
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our stores.
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Changing Seasons. This may include your shopping history, product types, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, social media, or directly to team members within our stores in relation to our products and services; and
- device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to interact with us through our online store (www.changingseaseasons.com.au). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our website. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
- place items in your shopping basket;
- keep track of your current order;
- help identify you as you move around Changing Seasons’ website; and
- provide site usage information which, together with purchasing information, will help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
These cookies do not store any personal information. You will need to enable cookies in order to use this website to register your details and to make purchases.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means); or
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions or special events.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) form, this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
Any personal and non-personally identifiable information which you provide through this website or which Changing Seasons collect shall be used for statistical and marketing purposes (only with aggregated data), processing your order, managing your account, responding to any comments or questions you may have and – if you agree – Changing Seasons may occasionally contact you by email about forthcoming events, products and promotions.
Changing Seasons will endeavour to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to create accurate records of any personal information you provide through this website. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming ongoing accuracy of your personal information.
Should any of your personal details change, or should you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may update your details or choose to opt-out at any time by visiting the "My Account" page.
Alternatively, please contact our customer services team via our Contact page.
If you advise us that your personal information is no longer accurate we will make corrections as far as is practicable. Please update your records if any of the information you submitted during registration changes.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Changing Seasons take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting the security of your data, both on and off line. For security reasons Changing Seasons strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email and only use the secure facility provided on our website.
Although we do our best to protect any personal information which you submit, the internet is not completely secure and as such we cannot guarantee the security of your data submitted to Changing Seasons through this website or any Application. Any transmission is at your own risk.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our retail brands, partners or suppliers via email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.